Saturday, January 24, 2009

Basics Sometimes are forgotten (Fixing few Windows issue)

I was really upset when I found my workstation not booting up. I just learned that my workstation got a virus. It was infected when I plug my USB drive. The worst is I don't have any anti-virus on my workstation. By the way the workstation that I have at the office is Windows based. Then I don't have any idea what to do next since my workstation does not resume or load the login window. A co-worker of mine told me of this basics. He told me that I can load back or boot my windows workstation on the last working configuration. Hmmmm I didn't know that. So here was what he suggested me to do.

1. Reboot / reset the windows machine
2. Upon boot press repeatedly the F8 to go to the advance windows menu configuration
3. Select "Last Working Configuration"
4. Then you're done...

But if ever you have to repair the windows OS then you have to use an installation CD to fix your problem.

1. Reset your machine
2. Upon booting press repeatedly the delete button to goto the BIOS settings
3. Select to boot first on the CD-ROM
4. Then there you go ...

Hope you find this helpful. Cheers and God Bless!!!!

No comments: